Another finish this month!!
I started this at the end of January, worked on it about a week, and then picked it back up about 10 days ago. So really, it was a pretty quick stitch.
Moonlit Garden – Blackbird Designs
28ct Antique Copper Jobelan
Oops, I missed a check in! Oh well.
I had a couple of “finishes” in the past couple of weeks. Another Round Robin finish and a bigger piece that I’ve been wanting to finish for awhile!
I had the pleasure of stitching on Jocelyn’s RR this month.
And, on September 4th, I finished Hannah Beeby finally!!! She’s already at the framers in fact! Can’t wait to see the results.
Started March 2008
36ct Edinburgh Flax fabric
Thread: Moon Called Sea HDF stitched 1 over 2
Finished another round of the Round Robin .. and that’s about it!
This is Stephanie’s piece and she designed the layout and made changes to the charts in order to make them fit the way she wanted. It’s absolutely stunning in person.
I finished this right after the New Year but didn’t post it because it was a gift for my Brother and SIL and they weren’t going to receive it for a month or so.
My SIL, Laura, was born and raised in Florence before moving to the US when she was 15 or 16. All her family still lives in Italy, besides her Mom, so she goes back as often as possible.
I found this kit by accident and decided it was perfect for them. Little did I know I would end up HATING it before it was all said and done. I didn’t track the hours on it, and wished I had. I estimate somewhere between 150-200 hours on this piece. The detail in the little pictures in the border was the worst of it.
That said, I love how it turned out. I just wouldn’t do one of these pieces again! LOL
And a close up of the detail:
Getting in under the gun again. I finished this Round of the RR a few weeks ago, just haven’t gotten around to posting it yet. Sophia is going to be doing the beading when she receives her piece back – so the “holes” are where the beads will be located!
And a picture of the whole piece:
That’s it – all the stitching I got done. This week I started the newest RR piece, and I’m hoping to work on Hannah Beeby some more! Till the next check in!
WOW! Getting this in just under the wire (cut off is tomorrow).
The sad thing is, I haven’t stitched at all this month until yesterday!
I did make progress on Hannah Beeby through 5/5/12, but this is where she sits as of tonight. I’m really hoping to have this done before I go on vacation in July. I’m a little tired of it right now! LOL
And over the long Holiday weekend I got the prettiest piece of fabric from Stephanie!! It’s GORGEOUS! It’s 28ct Jazlyn – Tropical. I’m going to put Nora’s Trick or Treat Fairy on it!
Phew – a little late. But here.
I made some progress on Hannah Beeby. This is as of 4/15/12. I’ve made more progress since then, but that’ll be for another update!
I also completed Round 2 of my Mirabilia Round Robin. This is Tanya’s RR, I stitched June Pearl Fairy:
And what it looks like so far:
I hope to have Hannah Beeby finished by my next Update. I’m also trying to keep myself from starting another new project (a HAED). *sigh*
Last month I was lucky enough to be able to spend a few hours in Washington DC. It was not nearly enough time, and I didn’t step foot into any museums because of the time constraints, but I’m so glad I spent the time to go anyway! I will definitely be going back here one day!
Some pictures ….
Abraham Lincoln Memorial
Looking down from the Lincoln Memorial, across the Reflecting Pool (under construction) to the Washington Monument!
Washington Monument – Still under rehab from the Earthquake last summer
The Capitol Building – this is taken from the base of the Washington Monument, I didn’t take the time to walk down there.
The White House
I also went to Arlington and spent a couple of hours there. Again, not near enough time. It was extremely humbling and to do it properly, you really should plan an entire day there. The Spring would be gorgeous when the trees are in bloom!
Arlington National Cemetery
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier – I stayed and watched the Changing of the Guard ceremony – amazing!
The Eternal Flame – John F. Kennedy’s Grave
Oops – I’m a little late here, but the pictures were taken on time.
I started and finished the layout for my Mirabilia Round Robin. It got passed on to Melissa before I left on this road trip!
And I did do some work on Hannah Beeby as well.
And close up of what I finished:
Hopefully I’ll be a bit more accomplished this next month!!!
Well, thanks to Melissa, I’ve been tagged. She just likes to do that in order to make me post more. I’ve already posted like 3 times this year, I’m not sure what else she wants from me!
I will not be following the rules and tagging anyone else, but I will answer the questions posed to me!
11 Random Things about Me
- I own a 4-wheeler (Quad)
- I technically have 5 tattoos, though by looking at them, you’d see only 3.
- My brother gave me what would technically be 3 of my tattoos – and he’s still not done with one of them.
- Surprisingly, I’ve only been to 38 or 39 states. Most of the states I haven’t been to are in the Northeast, though Oklahoma, Arkansas and S. Dakota are included in that list as well. I’m hoping that in the next couple of months I can knock a couple of those off, as I’ll be in the Boston area next month.
- I’ve been to 7 Canadian Provinces.
- I once won the equivalent of the Miss Congeniality award when I did the Young Woman of the Year program my Junior year in High School.
- Once upon a time, I was going to be a Doctor. That was before I flunked chemistry my first quarter in college. Oops.
- I love to read. Mostly smut! LOL
- I say that I scrapbook, but mostly I collect scrapbooking materials.
- I love to go on vacations.
- I love my puppies, Jack & Benny.
(That was much harder than I thought it would be, and yes, I might have gotten lazy towards the end of the list!)
My 11 answers from the Questions that Melissa asked:
- What’s the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken? Probably my 17 day trip to Europe in 2000. Spain, France and Italy on a Cruise Ship.
- What’s your dream vacation? Down under mate (AKA Australia). That along with the South Pacific Islands (Tahiti and Bora Bora).
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? That’s a tough one, there are a lot. Going to Moses Lake camping and fishing, camping on the American River, going to Hawai’i and snorkeling and hanging on the beach the whole time we were there, going to Canon Beach with my Grandma, learning to quilt with my other Grandma.
- What’s something you’re good at doing? I’m pretty decent at cross stitching, and I’m pretty good at making cards and scrapbooking.
- What’s your favorite hobby? Oops – see the above. Right now though, I’m more into stitching than anything else.
- Do you read recipe/cooking websites or blogs? If so, what’s your favorite? Not really. I get most of my recipes from friends or off Pinterest these days.
- Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? This is an ever changing thing I think. Currently though, my favorite is: “Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.”
- Are you afraid of anything? If so, what? Yes. Slugs. No comment.
- What book are you currently reading? Nothing right now, but I still have the most current Black Dagger Brotherhood book and at least one of the Sookie Stackhouse to catch up on!
- What are you most grateful for? My family and friends (who are just an extension of my family). My good job. My puppies.
- What can make you happy when you’re feeling blue? My dogs. Music – specifically Smile by Uncle Kracker.
Phew, that was a lot of work! Goodnight!
Time for another Cross Stitch update!
I was fairly productive this last month, though had no finishes. Hopefully will be able to finish a couple this month.
I worked on 3 different pieces this month (2 were new starts).
Progress as of 1/7/12:
Progress as of 2/7/12:
Moonlit Garden by Blackbird Designs – Started 1/31/12:
Progress as of 2/7/12:
LNH Ornament – He’s a Flake – Started 1/19/12:
Progress as of 2/7/12:
I’ve updated my drop down window with the new additions and updated progress pictures!
Until next month!
I made a couple of cards while I’ve been home. I stole the idea off some clever person from Pinterest. I love that site!
As I just signed up for this yesterday, I have no progress to show.
I did create a Category at the Top of my Blog – the drop down will take you to each piece currently in my WIPocalypse rotation. As other pieces are started, a page will be added for it! And each piece will be marked DONE as they are completed!
My original WIPocalypse post can be found here!
Looking forward to making some progress this next month!
I’m going to participate in WIPocalypse this year! It’s a SAL in the stitching community, to works towards getting your WIP pile decreased throughout the year.
I hesitated joining, as my list is not that long really, but was encouraged by Melissa to join, so I did!
I’ll be taking pictures and linking them later today of the current progress on each!
Current WIPS for 2012:
Magnolia Pixie – Mirabilia
Hannah Beeby – Timeless Designs
America, Land that we Love
My Lady Quaker
New Starts in 2012:
Moonlit Garden – Blackbird Designs
6 Fat Men – Lizzie Kate
Mirabilia Round Robin (8 rounds) at TWRRB
Letter T – Nora Corbett
LHN Ornie of the Month ornaments (22 total)
You can read more about the 2012 WIPocalypse here.
And here’s the crazy list of participants so far!!
I’ve spent a great deal of time organizing all of my Cross stitch supplies and making lists, etc.
I’m going to spend the time and do the same thing with my scrapbooking supplies. I need to make a list of WIPs there as well, and work to make progress on some of this stuff!
This is my jar of orts (thread scraps) from 2011. It’s kind if fun to look back and see what you stitched through out the year this way.